Lightroom 4 Public Beta
With all the news coming out of CES this week I didn’t see this until now. Given that Adobe has been putting significant discounts on Lightroom 3, I knew LR4 wasn’t too far off. Yesterday they finally unveiled news and the public beta for Adobe Lightroom 4.
Some of the new features in Lightroom 4:
- Highlight and shadow recovery brings out all the detail that your camera captures in dark shadows and bright highlights.
- Photo book creation with easy-to-use elegant templates.
- Location-based organization lets you find and group images by location, assign locations to images, and display data from GPS-enabled cameras.
- White balance brush to refine and adjust white balance in specific areas of your images.
- Additional local editing controls let you adjust noise reduction and remove moiré in targeted areas of your images.
- Extended video support for organizing, viewing, and making adjustments and edits to video clips.
- Easy video publishing lets you edit and share video clips on Facebook and Flickr®.
- Soft proofing to preview how an image will look when printed with color-managed printers.
- Email directly from Lightroom using the email account of your choice.
The free public beta is available for download now, and will expire in March. No set date was announced but Lightroom 4 should be available in the next couple of months.