The alpha version for Tweetbot for Mac received an update. Let me note this app is still very early in development, so don’t download expecting a finished product. So far I have been very impressed with Tweetbot, and even in alpha form it’s my favorite Twitter client for the Mac.
This update includes:
- Notifications for mentions, follows, retweets, favorites (10.8 only)
- Go to User (command-u)
- Option to open links in background (see preferences)
- Less intrusive tweet action overlay icons
- Double-click tweets in timeline now takes you to status detail
- Fixed some contextual menu issues in direct message conversations
- Fixed pull-to-refresh and scrolling to top issue when loading new results
- Tweetmarker will now set your timeline position on app startup always
- Fixed bugs and crashers related to composing tweets.
- Made large and huge fonts bigger
- Can swipe the empty space in a conversation to go back to previous view
- Can close image window with command-w (also space and esc)
- Menu shortcuts added to profile view: Command-d (direct message) and command-r (reply)
You can update from inside the app, or download Tweetbot for Mac alpha here.