Adobe has updated Photoshop CC to version 14.2 for Creative Cloud subscribers today. This update brings several improvements and features, most notably the new Perspective Warp tool which allows for manipulating multiple perspectives in an image, and linked Smart Objects. Another new feature is support for 3D printing.
This is a free update as part of your Creative Cloud membership, and Adobe has also reset the trial version of Photoshop CC, so if you’ve previously used and expired the trial, you can try it again for another 30 days.
Users can update from the Creative Cloud app or through the Photoshop updater.
Video overview of what’s new:
Snagit is one of my favorite apps, and I use it on both the PC and Mac. The Windows version got a small update today which brings a couple of handy features. One of those is a new step tool which applies a stamp with the next number ready as you click.
Another new feature is the improved blur tool and an updated editor. If you already own the latest version, this is a free update you can get from TechSmith.
For the next day, you can get a 6 month activation key for System Mechanic for free. You will need to claim your license by Thursday, and you will have another 24 hours to activate it.
Link: System Mechanic free license
Here’s more information about System Mechanic.
Windows 8 users looking to get even more functionality of the Start Screen should check out the latest app by Stardock called Launch8. This app puts a dock on the start screen where you can drag your favorite and most used applications for quick launching. If you have lots of tiles on the start screen, Launch8 stays in the same spot while you scroll so you have quick access to the apps in your dock.
The Launch8 dock can be positioned either at the top or bottom of the screen, and also supports application jumplists.
There is a 30 day free trial available, and the full version is just $4.99.
Object Desktop continues to be the best when it comes to desktop enhancement and utility software. If you are not familiar with it, Object Desktop is a suite of desktop apps that change both the way Windows looks and how it performs. It includes top customization apps like WindowBlinds, the popular desktop icon organizer Fences, and many other apps to enhance your desktop experience.
This latest update includes a new Object Desktop Manager app which lets you install and update all the included apps.
Object Desktop features:
- 11 market-leading productivity and desktop customization products in one suite
- Unlimited access to new product releases and updates
- Early invitations to software betas
- New Object Desktop manager app for automatic installs and updates
You can find more info and purchase Object Desktop here.
Link: Object Desktop
Adobe has released another update for Photoshop CC. This is the Creative Cloud version of Photoshop in which you receive regular updates while your subscription is active. This update brings a big new feature called the Adobe Generator.
This is quite an interesting feature.
“Generator allows you to create image assets in real time as you work, eliminating the tedious steps of copying, slicing and exporting each layer manually, and saving you hours of time. Simply add a file extension to the name of your layer or layer group, and Photoshop will automatically create a JPG, PNG or GIF from the contents of that layer. If you make a change to that layer, the file is immediately updated. This means that you now have a folder of images that are always up-to-date with your Photoshop design.”
Adobe has also created a demo video showing the Generator in action.
WindowBlinds is the most popular software for Windows that lets users apply skins to change the look of the desktop to many of the thousands of themes available. This latest update bring more support for Windows 8.1 and a bunch of fixes and improvements.
- Adds support for the Windows 8.1 including tweaks to the jump list painting)
- Assorted start menu fixes
- PhotoInstrument, Trine 2, and Dragon Age Origin auto-excluded
- Internet Download Manager’s frames should paint happily
- Misc tweaks like misaligned textures on titlebars in some skins on Windows 7
- Fixed Say the Time titlebar
- Fixed Opera 15 black bit on opening
- Fixed display fusion issue with blank taskbar
- Fixed issue with not being able to move Explorer windows on negative screen coordinate monitors on Windows 8
- Fixed issue with some skins showing a small white bar under a transparent taskbar when maximized
- Fixed no text on non perpixel skins
- Fixed no text on MDI child windows
- Fixed the reset button correctly show on UIS0 skins too on Windows 7 for titlebars
- Tweak to start menu code for alterative start menus
Current users can update via their Stardock accounts. More information about WindowBlinds can be found at their site.
Link: WindowBlinds 8
If you are running Windows 8, or the Windows 8.1 Preview be sure to download the latest update for Start8. Start8 brings back the missing start menu in Windows 8 along with additional features like direct desktop booting, custom start buttons, and more.
This update brings Windows 8.1 support, and other additional features. The full changelog can be found here.
The v1.20 update is free for existing users, and the full app is just $4.99.
CCleaner has been a long time favorite of Windows users to clean out unnecessary junk files and browser files from their systems. Piriform has released the v4.04 update this week which brings several improvement including support for the Windows 8.1 preview.
Included in this update:
- Added Windows 8.1 preview support
- Added Internet Explorer 11 cleaningAdded Opera 15 cleaning
- Improved Google Chrome cleaning: Flash cookies, channel ID cookies and last download location
CCleaner is a free download and a Pro version is also available for users who want additional features like automatic updating and more.
I just saw this deal posted and wanted to share it with our readers. Snagit is the top app for capturing screen images and videos, and being able to edit, add annotations, and much more.
Amazon has the download version for just $19.99 for either the PC or Mac versions. That’s 66% the normal price.
Snagit 11 [Download]